Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Movie Trailer Assignment

~ FINDING NEMO ~

For our second class project we had to create a "new" movie trailer for one of our favorite movies using Premiere Pro CS5. I chose to work on the Pixar animated movie, Finding Nemo for my project.

The guideline fore the assignment are as follows:

- Determine the type of trailer you will create 
- Project length suggested at 90 seconds (going beyond that timeframe is fine).
- Determine levels of music for your program (with or without dialogue). 
- Consider the use of title cards (suggested three title card minimum).
- Use the preferred transitions (cut, wipe, dissolve)

The type of trailer I sought to create was one that told the general story of the movie, without giving too much away. I focused on Nemo's dad, Marlin's adventure throughout the sea. I incorporated clips of Dory that didn't involve music to add humor and dialogue. I tried to keep the music consistant or in a way that it would flow smoothly. 

I used many transitions throughout the movie trailer clip. I used the different types of wipes and dissolves to transition smoothly to different scenes. 

I did not end up utilizing dialogue cards because the clips I used had some text and I though that was sufficient enough in explaining the story. I did not want to be too text heavy. I thought about using text to name the different characters, but my trailer movies through scenes pretty fast I could not find appropriate spots to incorporate naming cards. 

Overall, I had fun with this project and learned a lot about Adobe Premiere Pro CS5. It was a great way to get comfortable with the software and explore the different things it can do on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment